CT-CLIC.com: Connecticut Licensing Info Center
Home  |  Sitemap  |  Login  
Business Registration Checklist
Business Structure Options
Resource Links
Publications & Articles
Business Insurance
Status, Verify and Renew
Connecticut's Business Response Center

Does a halfway house or shelter require licensing?..

< go back

According to the Connecticut Department of Correction (DOC), no occupational or trade licenses are required for establishing a halfway house. The agency, in conjunction with the Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS) determines needs for proposals.  It is suggested to become an approved vendor for bidding on proposals by registering with DAS.

Contact DOC at 860-692-7780 or melanie.sparks@po.state.ct.us - Contract Administration, or DAS at 860-713-5115 or visit das.ct.gov.

For information concerning housing assistance and/or grants for programs for homeless shelters, contact the Connecticut Department of Social Services at 800-842-1508 or visit http://www.das.state.ct.us/sp1.aspx?page=432.

Contact the Connecticut Licensing Info Center (CT-CLIC.com) to learn about further registration considerations or if you require additional assistance: 1-800-392-2122 or Contact form .

print Print This Page top Top of Page