CT-CLIC.com: Connecticut Licensing Info Center
Home  |  Sitemap  |  Login  
Start or Purchase
Online Services & Verification
CERC ProgramFinder
Connecticut's Business Response Center

Online Services & Verification


The Department of Banking provides license verifications for companies, individuals, business entities and business opportunities for the following business types: Broker-Dealers (and agents),  Business and Industrial Development Corporations, Business Opportunities, Check Cashers, Collections Agencies, Corporations Acting In Fiduciary Capacity, Debt Adjusters, First Mortgage Lenders/Brokers, Investment Advisers, Money Transmitters, Sales Finance Companies, Second Mortgage Lenders/Brokers and Small Loan Lenders.

Questions?  Call (860)240-8299

Insurance Professionals

The State of Connecticut Insurance Department provides a variety of online services for license holders and consumers.  All information is updated daily.

Verify and print a license
Change license information
Review, update, add or remove DBA Name(s)
Online license application
Producer renewals (individuals and business)

Consumers can report and file a complaint through the agency's online complaint system

Questions? Call (860) 297-3845 or cid.licensing@ct.gov 

Health Facilities, Providers and Practitioners

The Department of Public Health provides weekly updates of all active licenses.

The agency's eLicensing Website offers:

>  Verify (look-up)
>  Generate / download rosters
>  Renewals (physicians, surgeons, dentists, nurses)
Nurse aide certification verification

Questions?  Call (860) 509-7603 or oplc.dph@ct.gov  .

Occupational/Professional License

The Department of Consumer Protection provides an update of all active licenses, registrations and permits every 24 hours for construction trades and occupations/professions. 

The agency's eLicensing Website offers:
>  Verify (look-up)
>  Generate / download rosters
>   Renew online or change of address

Questions?  Call 1-800-842-2649 or 860-713-6000 or  license.services@ct.gov

Secretary of the State

The Secretary of the State's  Commercial Recordings Division maintains an online searchable Concord data base for foreign (including out-of-state) and domestic business and UCC filings.

*Note: The office only registers corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and limited liability partnerships

The CONCORD system also allows filing for:
>  Annual and UCC reports
>  UCC filing
>  Verification and get copy of Certificate of Legal Existence
>  Change of address
>  File for dissolution, withdrawal or cancellation

Questions?  Call (860) 509-6003 or crd@ct.gov

Motor Vehicles

The Department of Motor Vehicles provides several online services including:

>  Renewal of vehicle registrations, business licenses,
>  Look-up vanity plates, registrations
>  Change of Address
>  Commercial Vehicle Operations Credential System
>  Cancel lost or stolen license plates
>  File dealer/repairer complaint
>  Infraction ticket processing

Questions?  Contact the agency at mail@dmvct.org


The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection offers their online system to purchase fishing, hunting and trapping licenses, as well as all required deer, turkey, pheasant and migratory bird permits, stamps and tags.

Questions? Call 860-424-3105 or sportsmen.licensing@ct.gov



The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services offers the following online services:

>  New businesses file for a tax id number
>  Existing businesses file returns (sales and use tax, income tax etc..)

Questions? Contact 1-800-382-9463 (CT only) or 860-267-5962

The Connecticut Department of Labor offers their Internet Employer Registration System

Questions? Contact the Employer Status Unit at 860-263-6550


The Connecticut Department of Transportation offers an online system to register oversized/overweight vehicles.

Questions?  Call (860) 594-2878 or Linda.Hope@ct.gov



The Connecticut State Department of Education offers teachers/educators the online Connecticut Educator Certification System

Questions?  Call 860-713-6969 or teacher.cert@ct.gov

print Print This Page top Top of Page